I recently came across a blog filled with great ideas for Capturing Joy at each of her family portrait sessions. I want to share with you the questions that she asks each of her clients before their session.
- IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOUR FAMILY LIKES TO DO TOGETHER THAT WOULD BE FUN TO INCLUDE IN OUR PORTRAIT SESSION?
- WHAT DO YOUR CHILDREN LIKE TO DO, EAT, GIGGLE AT?
- ARE THERE ANY PROPS FROM YOUR HOME THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE? ANTIQUE CHAIR, TRUNK, CRATE, VINTAGE CAMERA OR PHONE. (MAYBE GRANDPARENTS HAVE SOMETHING MEMORABLE).
- WHAT ARE THE CHILDREN’S FAVORITE TOYS (LEGO’S, TINKER TOYS, BUILDING BLOGS)? BOOKS (VINTAGE COVERS)? TREATS (CUPCAKES)? FRUIT? COLOR? FAVORITE BOOK?
- DO YOU KNOW YET WHAT COLOR SCHEME YOUR CLOTHING SELECTION WILL BE?
- ANY MUSICIANS, PAINTERS, OR SOMETHING FUN AND UNIQUE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO REPRESENT?
- ANY FAMILY INSIDE JOKES, GAMES, ACTIVITIES THAT WOULD BE FUN TO REPLICATE?
- WHAT ON MY WEBSITE STOOD OUT TO YOU AND MADE YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME?
By asking questions like these I get to know you and your family better in order to capture your true personality and character.